Re: Truncating Within Procedures

From: Alan D. Mills <alanmNOSPAM_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:47:16 +0100

Given that TRUNCATE does not use the rollback segments I wonder how the transaction control is handled in this application.

Does the TRUNCATE statement issue an implied COMMIT on other data or is the scope entirely seperate so that you can commit or rollback your transaction with the trunctae having occurred anyway?

--
Alan D. Mills