Date default format

From: Rich Chopyak <rich_at_alpinetg.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:26:39 -0600

Env: Oracle 8, WinNT 4.0

I'm trying to change the default date format to mm/dd/yy and have added the line NLS_DATE_FORMAT = "MM/DD/YYYY" to my InitOrcl.ora file, but it doesn't seem to recognize the change. When I select a date field, I still get the default '10 APR 1993' format.

I've restarted the database and the computer.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Rich Chopyak
rich_at_alpinetg.com Received on Thu Oct 01 1998 - 15:26:39 CDT