Re: Lock on table

From: AJ Benn <a.j.benn_at_x400.icl.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:47:55 +0100

It's PMON that monitors the users processes, and if a process is killed off in the middle of a transaction, PMON will assume the identity of the user and perform a rollback of the aborted transaction. It is also responsible for releasing any locks or other system resources held by the failed process. May be you need to look at tuning PMON rather than SMON.

Andy