Re: Visual Basic to Oracle 7.3

From: Rich W. <rwerning_at_execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 09:53:36 -0500

constr01_at_interpla.net.co wrote in message <6ujdfr$er6$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>Hello everybody
>
>I've got a Oracle 7.3 workgroup server for UnixWare and I bought Oracle
Power
>Object to develop my applications. (I'm thinking that this is not a good
>developer tool)
>
>If I want access my database from VisualBasic or Delphi which one is the
>better way to do it.

I can't speak much for VB5, I stopped using it back in VB4 out of frustration for it's lack of abilities.

As for Delphi, it's very easy to do if you have Delphi Client/Server. If you try to do it with Delphi Desktop or Professional, I believe it's impossible to do but I'm not positive.... it's been along time since I worked with either of those versions.

We have a major suite of applications (9 in all), accessing an Oracle 7.3 database, with hundreds of simultanious users. After exploring many tools having to access Oracle, Delphi 3 C/S won hands down.

From my experiences, I switched to Delphi 4 years ago and everytime I had to do something in VB it just reinforced my belief that their is no comparrison between the two. I'm sure there are some that will want to argue this with me, but hey - it's just what I believe.