Windows NT and pinning objects at reboot time.

From: Don Wolf <Don.Wolf_at_IAMS.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:18:32 GMT

Hello,

I am relatively new to using Oracle on a Windows NT environment and I am having difficulty with what would normally be a fairly simple task in UNIX.

When the Windows NT machine reboots the databases are started automatically, just like UNIX (if you set it up right). However, in UNIX I have the ability to have it use my own scripts for startup/shutdown of the database(s). Within these scripts I can do anything to the database I want, including pinning large objects into the SGA. The reason I would like to pin these objects is because they are quite large and I can gain performance improvements by pinning them. Is there anyplace in Windows NT that I can "hook" into to have it run additional things when each database is started? Or perhaps there is another way to do this without "hooking" into the actual startup?

Any suggestions/advise would be greatly appreciated. --
Don Wolf
The IAMS Company
Don.Wolf_at_IAMS.com Received on Fri Sep 25 1998 - 10:18:32 CDT