Re: Many databases on one NT box

From: Jens Waldorff <jens.waldorff_at_teliamail.dk>
Date: 19 Sep 98 11:58:47 GMT

At work we have several small Oracle 7.3 databases running on a single NT machine using a single listener.
When using a single listener: are the other listeners and corresponding services stopped ?
Do you use TCP/IP as transfer protocol ? Then make sure that the listener.ora and and the entries in TNSNAMES.ORA use the same port.

When starting the graphical tools: In the login popup window there should be a field named "server" or "service" where you can enter the name of the service.

kind regards
Jens Waldorff

Bill Buchan <bbuchan_at_ossian.net> skrev i artiklen <6s4ade$1vl$1_at_phys-ma.sol.co.uk>...