Re: Table security question

From: replace this with _at_ <_at_)xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 19:47:36 GMT

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 19:19:17 GMT, kshave_at_mbnet.mb.ca (Keith S.) wrote:

> I want to give read access to the table, but only to columns 1,2 and
>5. By granting 'SELECT' access on the table I would allow the user to
>view all of the columns.

You can create a view on column 1,2 and 5 and give 'GRANT SELECT' on this view. If you create a synonym for the view with the same name for the specific user, the user won't even be aware of the non existence of column 3 and 4.

You can also give column rights in stead of the complete table: 'GRANT SELECT (column1, column2, column5) ON yourtable TO ...'.