Table security question

From: Keith S. <kshave_at_mbnet.mb.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 19:19:17 GMT

 I have a table with several columns in it. For example ...

TABLE a
 col 1
 col 2
 col 3
 col 4
 col 5

 I want to give read access to the table, but only to columns 1,2 and 5. By granting 'SELECT' access on the table I would allow the user to view all of the columns.

 Besides separating columns 3 and 4 out into a separate table and assigning appropriate access there, is there any way to restrict the access to these columns but still give read access to the rest of the columns?

--
Keith Shave
Management Information Services