HELP - Oracle 7.3.3 "Leaking" Memory

From: Warren Whitby <wwhitby_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 18 Sep 1998 18:06:03 GMT

We're running multiple Oracle 7.3.3 databases on Win NT servers (V4, service pack 3.) Our problem has been the Oracle73.exe process has been increasing in size when viewed through the NT task manager. The process will increase in memory, and then release only part of the memory that it just acquired. So after a period of time, the process becomes so big that it prevents users from logging into the machine or causes other processes to become slowed.

This has happened on machines that are backup domain controllers as well as non-BDCs. Upgrading to Oracle 8 is not an option, due to the problems occuring in Powerbuilder 6.0.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Warren Whitby
INFORMS, INC
Work - whitbyw_at_dot.state.al.us
Home - wwhitby_at_worldnet.att.net Received on Fri Sep 18 1998 - 13:06:03 CDT