Re: HELP - Oracle 7.3.3 "Leaking" Memory

From: MMK Productions <nospammmkprod_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 22:34:58 -0400

Did you get the 7.3.4 upgrade? If not, contact Oracle Support. I had big problems with 7.3.2 and 7.3.3. I used 7.3.4 for a while and then went to Oracle8 ASAP because of the new OEM and other tools.

There is a BIG rumor that 7.3.3 and 8.0.3 are the same thing, with a whole bunch of flags set to TRUE in 8. Also, 7.3.4 and 8.0.4 are the same thing. Neither 7.3.3 nor 8.0.3 were really great and had the same reports of memory leaks (had it REALLY BAD with 7.0.15/16 on NetWare). 7.3.4 has the last round of bug fixes and is the last of the Oracle7 releases - period.

When you go to Oracle8, get 8.0.5, because it has a log of bug fixes. We are working around a semaphore problem with 8.0.4 on HP.

<3602BD96.6444_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>...