escaping the & (ampersand)

From: Marc Eilens <M.Eilens_at_DeutschePost.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:35:59 +0200

Hi everybody,

I've got a problem here building a html-page with the PL/SQL-Cartridge, namely I don't know how to escape the '&' (ampersand). Here's what I want to do:
htp.print('<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=http://somewhere/owas/plsql/process?choice=' || the_choice || '&hidden=' || the_hidden_field || '">');

I already tried: '\&' and '~&', but both don't work. Perhaps somebody knows how to it right.

Please CC me, as I don't always have the possibility to have a look in the newsgroup.

Thanks, Marc

--
Marc Eilens
FB Angewandte Informatik, FH Trier, Germany [ Applied Computer Science, Tech. University of Trier ] Mail: eilensm_at_fh-trier.de