Re: escaping the & (ampersand)

From: Jochen Liekens <jochen.liekens_at_vlaamsparlement.be>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:34:32 +0200

I don't think it's a problem of escaping the &. I copied your code and made 2 small procedures and it works fine. Here's my code:

PACKAGE BODY "TEST"                                  is

procedure druk is
the_choice varchar2(30):='contents_choice'; the_hidden_field varchar2(30):='hidden'; begin
htp.p('Wait 3 sec');
htp.print('<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3; URL=http://jerom/vlaris/plsql/test.param?p=' || the_choice ||'&p2=' || the_hidden_field || '">');
end druk;

procedure param (p IN varchar2, p2 in varchar2) is begin

   htp.htmlopen; htp.headopen;
   htp.title ('TEST');
   htp.headclose;
   htp.bodyopen;
   htp.p('parameter is : ');
   htp.p(p);
   htp.nl;
   htp.p('parameter 2 is : ');
   htp.p(p2);
   htp.nl;
   htp.print('EOF');
   htp.bodyclose;
   htp.htmlclose;

end param;

end test;

When I open my browser in http://jerom/vlaris/plsql/test.druk it waits 3 sec and then i get http://jerom/vlaris/plsql/test.param?p=contents_choice&p2=hidden; the page which displays the two parameters.

I guess there's something wrong with the number/type of parameters of the procedure 'process'. (sorry I can't do more with just 1 line of code you sent)

HTH Jochen.