Re: Oracle Web Thin Client

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 12 Sep 1998 12:17:53 GMT

You may try to use appleviewer. But I can tell you:

  1. If you use Internet Explorer to open up the form, some of the form components are gone.
  2. In OWS 3.0, you have to use appleviewer to bring up the form. So you have to write some batch programs to set environment variables and call up the url. How to do it? Please look the the release note came with the CD for Developer/2000. It shows much better to use netscape.

GOod luck.

Ben Bromfield (ben_at_vianet.net.au) wrote:

: Hi,

: I am using Oracle webserver and Application server 3.0 on a NT box

: I have a number of forms made in ORACLE Forms (fmb,fmx)
: I have been told that i am able to put these forms directy on the web
: using a Thin Client through an internet browser.

: Can someone give me some details on where i can get this thin client and
: how i can set it up, or just point me in the direction of lots of Doc's?

: please :)

: Thanks
: Ben

--
Best regards, Received on Sat Sep 12 1998 - 07:17:53 CDT