Passing parameters to a web procedure

From: Kevin Kirkpatrick <kjk_at_hrb.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:58:54 -0400

I have a table that contains text for the one field. What I am trying to do is pass this field to another procedure (everything is Web based) but I am having problems because Netscape will not allow a SPACE character to be passed. I know I can do this by using <FORM> and submitting the variable that way, but I can not use forms for this application (performance issues). What I did was this:

<a
href="http://host.com:8888/database/owa/myprocedure?p_value='||textfield||'">Submit</a>

Now, if textfield contains a SPACE character at any position, Netscape will freak... A <form> uses the + sign to indicate a space to allow passing. How can I pass this by using HREF??

thanks in advance...
Kevin Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 10:58:54 CDT