Flat files and SQLLoader

From: <collado_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 11:10:00 GMT

I use a simple query that I run in SQL*Plus in order to create spool files. I simply do a select * from myuser.mytable, but I am running into trouble when I uploaded with SQLLoader.
fill up each column with blanks up to its defined size. loads them into a table, it also puts in the blanks, which Oracle interprets as part of the field.
column that is empty (and not required). how to get rid off all the trainling spaces in each column??? is command for that purpose in UNIX, but I am using NT.