Re: Forms4.5 How to Calculate subtotal while making Data entry.

From: Alan D. Mills <alanmNOSPAM_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 12:09:58 +0100

What you need to do is on entry of the field store a copy of the field value (or zero if it's null) and then write the validate trigger to add the current value to the total and then subtract the old value.

You'll also need to write some code to calculate the value on a query. say pre-query to set the total to zero and post-query to add the current value to it.

--
Alan D. Mills