alert package

From: Silvio Esser <esser_at_c-s-k.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 15:26:21 +0200

Hi everybody,

I'm a newbie in using Oracle. In my code I create a trigger on a table, which should send a signal after editing the table:

..

create or replace trigger audit_client after update or insert or delete on client BEGIN
  dbms_alert.signal ('client_alert', 'client_message'); END ;
/

Now, if I compile this code I get an error messsage saying:

..

Warning: Trigger created with compilation errors

But I can't find where the problem. Desperatley, I used the output package with dbms_output.put_line instead of the dbms_alert.signal (leaving the other code untouched) and it worked. So I concluded that the problem should be in the alert package.

Does anybody have an idea how to get it compiled properly? Thanks.
Silvio Received on Fri Sep 04 1998 - 08:26:21 CDT