Re: Changing the uid/gid for oracle/dba on an Oracle 8(HPUX)

From: Stuart Walker <swalker_at_westpac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 16:50:20 +1000

Don't forget that we didn't actual change the name of the group - only its uid(numeric group id). I know that in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/config.c, there are references to the "dba" group, but not to the actual gid(numeric group id). Also, you don't necessarily have to relink after the installation - it will normally run immediately. So, presumeably there is something else?? There may be an issue with the fact that we're running on a trusted system...