Using Set transaction use rollback segment foo

From: Allen <allenh_at_Starbase.NeoSoft.COM>
Date: 3 Sep 1998 14:23:03 -0500

I have a stored procedure that executes 8 large inserts that require a 1.5 gb rollback segment. Before each statement, I execute:

set transaction use rollback segment rbs_big;

after each insert, I commit and then do another set transaction.

The problem: Sometimes Oracle does not give me the rollback segment requested. In addition, it does not fire an error exception when this occurs. I don't know of the failed set until the following insert fails from having too small of a rollback segment.

Is there any trick that ensures that I get my requested rollback segment? This is a batch program and is only run by one user. There are approximately 30 - 60 other users on the machine at once.

Thanks. Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 14:23:03 CDT