JDBC and Encryption

From: Michael Ebert <zxmur04_at_linux25.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>
Date: 1998/08/28

I have an applet application that uses Oracle JDBC driver in order to connect to an Oracle 8 database. Now I need the communication to the database to be encrypted. My question is, transmitts the JDBC driver the data encrypted, maybe at least the database logon data?

If not, which possibilities exist to make the connection between applet and database secure?

michael Received on Fri Aug 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT