Re: JDBC and Encryption

From: Edward Serzo <eserzo_at_ans.net>
Date: 1998/08/29

Michael Ebert wrote:

> I have an applet application that uses Oracle JDBC driver in order to
> connect to an Oracle 8 database. Now I need the communication to the
> database to be encrypted. My question is, transmitts the JDBC driver the
> data encrypted, maybe at least the database logon data?
>
> If not, which possibilities exist to make the connection between applet
> and database secure?
>
> michael

Michael,

Weblogic (www.weblogic.com) has a type 3 JDBC driver that supports encryption (ssl) and supposedly also has an API for using your own type of authentication mechanism. I will be trying it out with Informix as soon as they release the Informix version - but they do have a type 3 JDBC Oracle driver available now

Ed
eserzo_at_ans.net Received on Sat Aug 29 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT