Passing TYPEs to Procedures

From: <rguarisc_at_allstate.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:46:55 GMT

Oracle Experts,

I'm trying to create a RECORD TYPE in one procedure, fill it with some data, and pass it along as a whole to another procedure. Is this possible? Here's the code snippets...

PROCEDURE PROCA IS     TYPE workrec_type IS RECORD

       (
       ACTION                                   VARCHAR2(1),
       FACTOR                                   NUMBER(38,16),
       RUN_ID                                   VARCHAR2(10)
       );

    work_record         workrec_type;

BEGIN    work_record.run_id := run_id;

   PROCB(work_record);

END;

PROCEDURE PROCB( passed_work_record IN {what do I use here???}) IS

BEGIN

END; I've tried a lot of different combinations such as:

pass_work_record%workrec_type

workrec_type%ROWTYPE
workrec_type%TYPE
workrec_type%RECORD