Re: Many databases on one NT box

From: <Sam_at_home>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:16:09 -0700

Hi Bill,

You don't have to mess with the registry at all. From (DOS)Command prompt, just
type "set ORACLE_SID=xxxxxxx" to set the database that you wanted to access.  You should check the TNSNAMES.ORA file for correct syntax, most of the ORA-1215x
indicated that either the Host-name, SID, TCP/IP... was incorrected or missing some "(" or ")".

Good luck,