Re: Oracle 8 on Win 98?

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:15:19 +0200

>I downloaded what looked to be the latest ODBC driver package from
>oracle.com, but the oracle installer fails to see it...

You can install ODBC drivers without using installer.

>Anyone using Oracle 8 on Windows 98? Is there a patch or procedure I
>can follow to get it to work?

Yep, I used the trial PO8, but I had a lot of problems as well, like I could not start the listener. As far as I now, 8.04 should work with Win98. If it is not a trial version you're using, then ask Oracle for an upgrade. Please let us know if that solved your problem!

Arjan. Received on Thu Aug 27 1998 - 13:15:19 CDT