Invoking OrderImport programmatically?

From: Brad \ <bradb_at_plaza.ds.adp.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:08:23 -0700

I've been designing my own on-line parts ordering system using Oracle 7.3.x and the open interface tables.

While the user is still connected, I'd like to be able to invoke the OrderImport
process, wait for it to complete, retrieve the results of the processing run,
and report this back to the user.

I'm probably missing something simple, but I can't see how to invoke OrderImport programmatically.

DBMS_JOB looks promising, but I don't know what to command to execute (alas OrderImport isn't correct :-/).

Also, any comments on this approach? Has anybody done anything like this and can provide a little input on their design?

Thanks,

Brad. Received on Wed Aug 26 1998 - 21:08:23 CDT