Oracle+Solaris with Linux

From: <dominion_at_nacho-net.ml.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:06:38 GMT

  I'm looking into setting up a webserver using Linux, but I need a way to connect to an Oracle database from within my scripts (Perl and C). The webserver will be Apache+Linux on an Intel (or Alpha) PC. The Oracle database will probably be an UltraSparc running Solaris. Is there anything I should know about executing database applications across a network and between these two environments?

  I was told that I would need to use SQL*Net, but if so, does Oracle have a Linux version available? If not, are there third party tools available to let me do this?

  If necessary, I can always wait for Oracle for Linux, but I'd rather not stake everything on a release date.

  Thank you.

  --

  Michael Chisari
  dominion_at_nacho-net.ml.org