Re: Use of rollback segments

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 22 Aug 1998 02:00:22 GMT

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:15:37 GMT, lrako_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>WHAT DOES EXACTLY DO A ROLLBACK SEGMENT ?
Rollback segments are used by Oracle to keep track of all changes you make during a transaction, up until the commit. They are what enables Oracle to undo changes you have made. The bigger your transactions, the bigger your rollback segments must be.

As to whether or not they should all be in one tablespace, I can't say. I manage several small databases (< 1 gig each), and they all have _one_ rollback tablespace.

regards,

Jonathan Received on Fri Aug 21 1998 - 21:00:22 CDT