newbie needs advice!

From: Jianjun Feng <j9feng_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:08:45 -0500

I learned everything about computer(java, C, perl,CGI, linux,assembly,etc) by myself. It seemed to me, with software installed on a PC and with a book at hand, we can learn these computer stuff easily. ;) But I realized I might have been wrong when I installed Personal Oracle8 for Win95 on my pc and tried to handle it. It's just too complex.
Could anybody give me advice upon where I should start? any good books or online resourses?
Thank you very much!
Jianjun Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 14:08:45 CDT