Re: Oracle 8 and NT Authenication

From: <Mujeeb_ur_Rehman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 18:32:39 GMT

Hi :)

Well u can create users in Oracle which are authenticated on OS level. Do as follows if u want users to connect to Oracle without supplying username/password

  grant create session to ops$mujeeb;

Give any further grants whatever is required for user to carry out his/her job. The thing that u have to remember is, the user name of NT and Oracle prefix with ops$ should be the same.

Now once the user logs on to your NT server successfuly and then tries to connect to the database, Oracle will not prompt him/her for the password.

Note : This user will not be able to connect to Oracle untill or unless he/she logon to the NT successfuly. This only applies to user for whom u have created ops$ account.

A simple way to make sure that users logon and get authenticated on the NT server is that u create a share on your NT server and let user map to that share. In the permisson for this share u include your users.

So once they connect to share NT will authenticate them and once this is done. Oracle will let your users connect.

Hope this help.