Re: Querying database with javascript

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:58:41 GMT

Hi

> I'm developing a simple web-application database-oriented with OWS 1.x. I
> write my code in PL/SQL enhanced with some javascript functions. Now I need
> to validate a form input text and I want to know how can I do. Maybe coding
> an event handler, but I dont'know how to query a database with a javascript
> function! Any suggest is wellcome!

I don't think you can query the database using javascript on the client side.

But even if you could, it might not be the best solution.

A model you could use is to only do char,num,length validation using javascript and provide combo boxes for all other things.

for example you can have various procedures that populate comboboxes eg.

title_combo('title');

You would then fill the table from a titles table.

Hope this helps