Newbie Question - Sorting Records

From: Nick Lehane <lehanen_at_logica.com>
Date: 11 Aug 1998 10:13:29 GMT

Hi everyone,

I am currently interrogating several tables by defining my SQL as a cursor and populating text fields with the results (these text fields are not connected to a base table).

My problem is that I have to offer the user the option to display records in a particular order according to the values of one field, in the order 1,2,4,3,7,5,6. This display is the default for the form. What would be the best way to sort the records into this order? I initially sort them by ascending order, then I suppose I would have to swap round the anomalous ones (ie those with the field values of 4 and 7 since the others are in ascending order...)

Would it be best to implement this by assigning the results of each iteration of the cursor loop to a record group? Any suggestions please?

Many thanks in advance,

Nick Lehane Received on Tue Aug 11 1998 - 05:13:29 CDT