Re: Connecting Delphi 3 to Personal Oracle

From: Victor Sokovin <sokovin_at_NOSPAM.sci.kun.nl>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 16:14:40 +0200

Matthias Schmahl wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is posssible to connect Delphi 3 to Personal
> Oracle 7.x via BDE (SQL-Links)? I want to develop a client/server
> application at my home office which will run on NT and Oracle 7.3
> Server. So I want to develop and test at home with Personal Oracle and
> then upgrade to the server.
>
> Any recommendations?
> Perhaps any articles or books managing this problem?

It's not a problem at all. The Oracle driver supplied with Delphi works just fine for developers. All you need to do is install and configure the Oracle ODBC driver in BDE. Everything is pretty straightforward. Just check out the online help on ODBC.

Cheers,

Victor Received on Fri Aug 07 1998 - 09:14:40 CDT