Re: Entering Users Into Oracle

From: DET <none_at_i_hate_spammers.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 08:47:58 -0700

### start unix shell script
#
# you must be logged in as oracle to use this
#####
# syntax is:
#
#    whatever_you_name_it_script username password
#
#####
# change the grants to whatever you use
#####
# change the password for system from "manager" to whatever you use, or make
it a command-line parameter.
# or you might be able to use "connect internal", depending on your setup.
#####
#

echo "

connect system/manager

create user $1 identified by $2

        default tablespace your_default_tablespace
        temporary tablespace temp;

grant CREATE SESSION to $1;
grant CREATE TABLE to $1;
grant UNLIMITED TABLESPACE to $1;