Re: TKPROF

From: Matt Surico <surico_at_buoy.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 23:07:26 -0400

Yanfeng Feng wrote:

> I generate a trace file, want to use TKPROF to format the output
> but get a core dump. I try several times, same thing. The
> format is TKPROF ora_88883.trc ora_88885.out, the trace file
> is there. Am I wrong on some stage.
>
> Thanks in advance,

  On what operating system are you working? And what version of the Oracle RDBMS are you running? Seems like you are using the command correctly! If Unix, and you don't have permission to read the .trc file or write to the directory, I would expect you'd get a 'permission denied' error from the shell before you got a core dump. Strange!

Matt

--
Matt Surico
Oracle Certified Database Administrator surico_at_buoy.com