sqlplus question

From: David Doll <djd_at_saul6.u.washington.edu>
Date: 28 Jul 1998 09:34:30 -0700

Hello, on my wintel box (NT 4.0 with sp3), I have oracle sql*plus, 8.0.3.0 connecting to a 7.3.x databaseserver running on a sun box. When I do a desc table.foo I get the following error: ERROR:
ORA-12663: Services required by client not available on the server

So I looked up this error and got the following:

ORA-12663 Services required by client not available on the server

 Cause:

        Service(s) that was (were) required by the client process were not available on the server process.

 Action:

        Configure the server with the services required by the client (best solution) or delete the requirement from the

        configuration file of the client (least secure).

This doesn't tell me what services are missing, only tha tI am missing something. Can someone tell me what services I need to add or what ever is needed for this to work? Thanks.

David
djd_at_u.washington.edu Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 11:34:30 CDT