Re: Help - Access97 and Oracle 16 bit ODBC drivers

From: Mark Tomlinson <marktoml_at_gdi.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 20:31:41 GMT

>Is there a way to link tables in Access97 to a Oracle 7.0 database using 16
>bit ODBC drivers?

No...

>We have SQL*net set up and everything but it seems that when you try to link
>the tables you can only pick 32 bit ODBC drivers.

True, since that is all you can use...

> Or can it be done with a 32 bit ODBC driver?

Sure, download and install one of the 32 bit drivers, (preferrably 2.5), make sure you have a working 32 bit SQL*Net client and Bobs your uncle. Granted the 2.5 driver isn't certified against a 7.0 RDBMS, but I bet it works just fine. Received on Fri Jul 24 1998 - 15:31:41 CDT