Validating items before update

From: <spikeboy_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 22:51:54 GMT

Hi

I'm working on my first Oracle system. It's a rewrite of an old IBM batch system. The users want to maintain the same batch functionality. I've got a form to allow editing of rejected transactions. I've put When-validate-item triggers on each item that has an edit. I also want to re-do these same error checks before I allow an update to the master file (e.g. what if they've only fixed 1 of 5 errors). Is there any way of looping through the When-validate-item triggers so I don't have to duplicate the code in an update routine? Other approaches??

Liz