Is_number () like function

From: Christophe Renard <crenard_at_mednet.mc>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:07:09 +0200

Hi,

I was wondering (and did not found in the documentation), if PL/SQL has a function that would work like that:

    select * from myTable where is_number(myfield) that would give me all the rows where myfield is a varchar2 describing a valid number.

The only way I found was to try to catch the Not A Number exception when converting with the to_number() function, nut i believe there is a more elegant (and efficient) way to deal with it.

Any help will be welcome

Thanx

Christophe Renard Received on Tue Jul 21 1998 - 05:07:09 CDT