Oracle SC (spatial cartridge)

From: Sandor Rapolder <srapolde_at_igd.fhg.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 11:36:24 +0200

Has enyone experience with the spatial data cartidge.

Our problem is how to create an index for the SDO layer.
An index usually in generated by the command  SDO_ADMIN.POPULATE_INDEX.
As the manual says This will fill the table XX_SDOINDEX.
We created a sample database as it is discribed in the manual. First we created the tables XX_SDOLAYER, XX_SDODIM, XX_SDOGEOM AND XX_SDOINDEX. After this we inserted some sample values. The manual says that then the

index has to be created.
we used the following command:

execute SDO_ADMIN.POPULATE_INDEX('FORRESTS', 4);

But always got the following message:

SQL> execute sdo_admin.populate_index('forrests' , 4); begin sdo_admin.populate_index('forrests' , 4); end;

*
FEHLER in Zeile 1:

ORA-20000: ORA-13010 encountered
ORA-06512: in "MDSYS.MDLIB",  Zeile 68
ORA-06512: in "MDSYS.SDO_ADMIN",  Zeile 227
ORA-06512: in  Zeile 1

No values were added to the XX_SDOINDEX table.

Has anyone experienced the same problem or has an idea how to solve it. We are very gratefull for any help Received on Tue Jul 21 1998 - 04:36:24 CDT