Please Help Me a Stupid thing I did

From: Elena Karaban <ekaraban_at_indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:36:40 -0500

Help,

I did a really stupid thing - dont ask why but I am only testing out Oracle on the machine. I installed the enterprise edition and used the tnsnames.ora. But then, supid me (it was all the rain here) I decided to install a names server. I DID NOT WISH TO DO THIS. Now I cant connect to any of my services. I tried deleting the name in the Net Config Window list. However it didnt go away and it is still listed as one of the services running. How do I get my original configuration back and SWIPE OUT THAT names server. What would I use and how. Do I reinstall Enterprise or what????

Thank you I will owe you if you know the answer to this one!!!!!You can also send me an email on this if you wish.

Geraldine Grubb
ggrubb_at_indiana.edu Received on Mon Jul 20 1998 - 12:36:40 CDT