Connection possible between SQLServer and Oracle7 ?

From: Bas Haenraets <bhaenraets_at_ortec.nl>
Date: 20 Jul 1998 18:00:26 GMT

Hello,

does anyone know if it is possible (and if so: how?) to access Oracle-data from Microsoft SQLServer, and Microsoft SQLServer-data from Oracle? I am quite familiar with Oracle servers, but not with Microsoft SQLServer.

My idea was to access the Oracle-data using ODBC, but I'm not sure if SQLServer can deal with ODBC connections to Oracle. I know it can replicate to an Oracle database, but that's not what I want - I just want to access (query, insert, update etc.) the data.

As for the other way around: I have no idea how to access Microsoft SQLServer-data from Oracle.

I am running an Oracle 7.0 database on AIX and an SQLServer 6.5 database on WinNT.
Any ideas?

Bas Received on Mon Jul 20 1998 - 13:00:26 CDT