Re: How can I install ORA8 Enterprise and Developer 2K in a NT Box

From: joseph Li <lijoecyn_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: 1998/07/14

Hi, recently I encountered a similar problem with Oracle 8.0.4 and OWS 3.0.1 ; the platform is Intel NT4 SP3. I installed Oracle 8.0.4, created a database which I can access using either Net8 or SQL*Net 2.3 . Then I installed OWS 3.0.1, it was very strange that it copied Oracle7 DLLs; afterwards when I tried to create a DAD the program AGADMIN.exe crashed with Access Violation. The Oracle8 installation guide said the installation of OWS would ask a question whether to dowgrade to Oracle7, but it didn't. Now I have de-installed Oracle8 ( my primary objective is to use OWS, the server could be on another box ), re-installed OWS 3.0.1, AGADMIN.exe still crashed with Access Violation.
I have used OWS 3.0.1 on other NT boxes with Oracle7 server without problems, OWS 3.0.1 also works fine on a NT box without any Oracle server installed. Any ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks.
Joseph

In article <6o95hs$g0a$1_at_news.sas.ab.ca>, suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca () says: