re: Stringizing gives c preprocessing error with Pro*C v2

From: Robert Eskridge <bryny_at_nstar.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:03:21 -0500

Using dejanews I found this question from Oct '96 but couldn't find any answers. I'm having the same problem with the stringizing operator.

My differences are that my error is PCC-F-02102, Fatal error while doing C preprocessing, and my versions are:

Pro*C 2.1.2
Oracle 7.2.2
Solaris 2.5.1

Has anyone solved this?

-rje

-8<----

Hello,

Using the 'stringizing' # operator causes PCC-02102 Fatal error while doing C preprocessing.
on the following construct..

#define PRINT_INT(VAR)                         \
        printf( "Var: %-25.25s, %d",           \
            #VAR, VAR);                        \

in Pro*c v 1.6 this gives me no trouble at all.

Is there a way to turn off c-preprocessing by the pro*c compiler?

Versions:

Pro*C:   2.1.3.0.0
O.S:     SunOs 5.4
Oracle:  7.2.3.0.0