Re: Stringizing gives c preprocessing error with Pro*C v2

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 00:52:45 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Robert Eskridge <bryny_at_nstar.net> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:03:21 -0500, you wrote:

>Using dejanews I found this question from Oct '96 but couldn't find any
>answers. I'm having the same problem with the stringizing operator.
>
>My differences are that my error is PCC-F-02102, Fatal error while doing
>C preprocessing, and my versions are:
>
>Pro*C 2.1.2
>Oracle 7.2.2
>Solaris 2.5.1
>
>Has anyone solved this?

You can use parse=none on the pro*c command line to work around this issue. That makes proc work in a manner similar to the 1.6 version -- you must use exec sql begin/end and so on... It doesn't try to read the C code and understand it -- it'll just rewrite it like 1.6 did.

>-rje
>
>-8<----
>

>Hello,
>
>Using the 'stringizing' # operator causes PCC-02102 Fatal error while
>doing C preprocessing.
>on the following construct..
>
>#define PRINT_INT(VAR) \
> printf( "Var: %-25.25s, %d", \
> #VAR, VAR); \
>

>in Pro*c v 1.6 this gives me no trouble at all.
>
>Is there a way to turn off c-preprocessing by the pro*c compiler?
>
>Versions:
>Pro*C: 2.1.3.0.0
>O.S: SunOs 5.4
>Oracle: 7.2.3.0.0

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Jul 14 1998 - 19:52:45 CDT