Re: Personal Oracle 8 - 2 instances

From: CharlesM <charlesm1NOSPAM_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:21:39 -0500

In article <6obo3a$udk$1_at_news.sas.ab.ca>, suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca says...
> Hi:
>
> I can create a second instance in Personal Oracle 8. But I couldn't find a
> way how to start it. It sounds to me the 'ostart screen' is the default to
> command to start the default database OCRL in Personal Oracle.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> --
> Best regards,

This may be way off (I've been using PO8 only a short while myself) and I don't know what the 'ostart screen' is, but here goes:

You should be able to use Net8 Easy Config to make a connection to that SID (use bequeath connection type). Then in Navigator make a new connection to the connection name you constructed with Net8. In Navigator, it should then be there under the 'Database Connections' folder. Double click and you're connected. Received on Mon Jul 13 1998 - 16:21:39 CDT