cursor

From: Steve Wood <sewood_at_inair.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 22:53:02 -0500

I have this situation. I have a table that contains generic header information about items that come through receiving that we will call RecHeader and then each item received is stored in a line item table we will call reclines. The primary key of the line item table is a compound key composed of the primary key field of the header table and a key field of the line item table( recheaderkey,reclinekey,siteid). Data is also separated by sites. so that it is possible to have the same recheaderkey,reclinekey at each site. These fields have now been added to another table we will call assets.

I need to update the assets table with the first recline entry for each asset. There may be several entries in the recline table for each entry in the asset table but I only need the first one for each asset.

How can I achieve this?
I have worked on this for more weeks than I care to admit but cannot seem to get it. I am trying to find the right select statement to build a cursor for my procedure to do this but I am nowhere.

I would GREATLY appreciate any help you could offer ?

Thanks in advance
Steve Received on Thu Jul 09 1998 - 22:53:02 CDT