NLS_LANG Setting

From: Scarlett Yu <cnyu6_at_ie.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:38:49 +0800

Hello,
I have installed the Oracle8 client for Win NT and set the NLS_LANG to: TRADITIONAL CHINESE_TAIWAN.ZHT16BIG5. The server is in Unix platform and the Oracle8 Server is set to:AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII.

        The problem is when I insert data, which are Chinese Character, into the Oracle database through 'Oracle ODBC 32Bit Test', all the Chinese Character become unknown symbol and Question mark(?). Can anyone know how to soft this problem?

And I try the SQL statement in client side:

        select userenv('LANGUAGE') from dual
the result is:

        TRADITIONAL CHINESE_TAIWAN.US7ASCII
instead of:

        TRADITIONAL CHINESE_TAIWAN.ZHT16BIG5
Why they are different??? and How to soft this problem??? Thanks for your attention!

Regards,
Scarlett Received on Wed Jul 08 1998 - 02:38:49 CDT