Re: NLS_LANG Setting

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 22:17:15 -0700

The chinese character is multi-byte character set while the American character type is single-byte character. There is no way to see or store multi-byte character using single-byte character server. The single-byte character server will not recognize any of those multibyte chinese character.

Winnie Liu