Oracle Web Application Server, PL/SQL, and HTML

From: Danny <danny_garza_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 01:13:38 -0600

Has anybody written any critical or major web applications using PL/SQL with HTML and OWAS? We have written a few small applications so far and think it's just great!. We would like to move more legacy applications to web using pl/sql but are concerned that we might not be seeing the whole picture and would love to hear any comments from others using OWAS. This product just seems to good to be true after all the other crap we've run across.

We are able to train new programmers in about a day how to write a pl/sql routine with html that we can deploy immediately to all our users internal and external. Security is built in. The really cool thing is that all our source code is stored in the Oracle Database Server which means alot easier management of our code, plus the server executes the PL/SQL not the client. We have started using some javascript for form validation. We can even be at a users desk (thousands of miles away), pull up a browser and immediately see the code for the application. We also use a free tool called TOADSOFT (www.toadsoft.com) which makes working in oracle childs play! About the only real problem is that OWAS v3 is not very stable and is keeping us from delivering any critical applications. :( Uses get the 'internal error' every 20 hits or so. They just have to push the refresh button but it's very annoying. We are hoping OWAS or now OAS v4 will be much more robust.

Is Developer 2000 easier or Java?

our current configuration: OWAS v4, Oracle 8 NT server and toad software

Danny Received on Sun Jun 28 1998 - 02:13:38 CDT