Re: "Alter table" syntax command ?

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 00:48:47 GMT

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998 19:03:59 +0200, "Patrick Marcouly" <patrick.marcouly_at_gsi.fr> wrote:

>alter table MY_TABLE add NEW_COLL number;
>
>It was a bad idea and now I'm trying to drop this NEW_COLL from my table. I
>used several commands but all failed because of bad syntax.
>
>What is the command for simply drop a column from a table ?

You're going to hate the answer, because there is no command to simply drop a column from a table. You have to save the data, drop the table, recreate the table, and reload the data. It's a lot of work at first, but after you've done it 50 dozen times it's not so bad.

Jonathan Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 19:48:47 CDT